Sunday, May 9, 2010

05-09-2010 Unrest

I know that sometimes I get really sentimental here about my city, but it is really nights like these and places like this with incredible views that make me really love Philadelphia.  This view is north of Chinatown on the roof of the Vox Populi building.  I happen to be at a party with someone who was kind enough to share this amazing place with me.

For those who don't know me personally, I have lived in almost all of the major east coast cities as well as many other places in the mid atlantic and even in the midwest.  And in all of those places I have found little things here and there that I loved but never have I desired to live in a place as much as I have loved living in Philly.  So much, I moved back stat after grad school.  This place always takes a back seat to our larger, more metropolitan neighbor to the north, but if you ask me as someone who has lived in both places, Philly wins hands down.  It has everything you want:  top notch restaurants, great art scene, tons of live music, a wealth of history of this country, the largest city park in the US (take that central park), etc without the high cost of living.  You may argue with me, and I welcome this, but when it's all said and done, I am grateful to call this place home.

And speaking of our music scene, I just bought a ticket to see UNREST on their limited engagement tour.  I have to admit that my few recent reunion style tours have sorta sucked eggs, my hopes remain high still that this one will be a success.  So on that note, I will leave you will a video by Unrest- still one of my favorite songs by them- make out club.  enjoy!

No comments: