Wednesday, July 14, 2010

07-14-2010 Trish




I can't sleep.  I have a huge day ahead of me at work tomorrow and here I am typing my blog in the middle of the night.  Ugh. So last weekend I headed down to Washington DC for a little getaway and to see Acres of Diamonds play at the Rock and Roll Hotel. I used to live in DC some years ago and this place did not yet exist.  It was a pretty cool venue, with the obvious theme.  I particularly liked the marble painted statues with kiss faces.  At some point during the show, we took a break to go next door where there was the most fantastic pie store.  Yes, I said pie store-and then I wondered, why don't we have one of these in Philly? This place was aptly called Dangerously Delicious Pies where I could see this as being majorly dangerous if there were actually one in Philly.  Maybe this is for the best. 

And upon running home from DC, I make it back just in time to see some of my friends perform at the Koresh Showcase.  Here is a video from the performance.  A mash up of Trish songs- which my friend Joe (better known to you as DJ Didac) made the mix.  It's pretty sexy.  And speaking of sexy, I'm leaving you with my theme music video for the day...Trish "Bump".  If  you haven't heard this Canadian hip hop artist, then you should check her out for sure.  When she blows up, you can say I told you so. 

No comments: