Monday, August 9, 2010

08-09-2010 Wale

 
So these Shepard Fairey wheat paste murals have been popping up everywhere.  This one feature in my blog I found on the North Side of Pittsburgh  (across from the Andy Warhol Museum) during my last visit.  I've also seen a few in my own neighborhood in South Philly, and if I remember I'll snap a photo of them next time I'm walking around. 
Speaking of my neighborhood, I went with a bunch of my dance friends to the Riverview  Theater tonight for Step Up 3D.  We've been gathering this week to review the previous movies in this series and we played a game like bingo while doing so.  If you've seen any dance related film, you know that there is a certain formula to these movies (and I've been told this applies to the extreme sport film genre as well).  We my friends designed some bingo cards with situations that may occur during the movie and you had to call it out as you saw it, then everyone would mark it off on their sheet.  The first to get bingo (or in our case DANCE) wins.  (I won during Step Up 2-Back to the Streets).  It was so much fun, we took our bingo cards to the Riverview Theater and played during the movie.  Some of the categories for the card were "wrong side of the track love interest", "unnecessary shirtlessness", "dance routine that erupts into a fight", "parental disapproval of dance", "work out my feelings solo", etc.  You get the point....we had such a good time with this.  

Now I leave you with as song from the film that  features one my favorites, Lady Gaga, who coincidentally I just bought her new remix record and the fame monster (both on vinyl, of course). Here's Wale (pronounced Wall-lay) featuring Lady Gaga

No comments: