Thursday, April 29, 2010

04-29-2010 Charles Mingus

This week brought some rather sad news for Philadelphia.  After 30 years of business, Ortleibs JazzHaus closed its doors.   A rather brief article stated the reason to be due to the economy but I was just there on Saturday, one day before the doors officially closed, and it was full of people.
My friends and I started at happy hours (they had great specials) and a $5 food menu that provided me with the largest delicious salad known to man.  So much great music has gone through the doors at this fine establishment that it is a real shame to see it go.  Long lost like these rolls of film I have featured at the left, I bid farewell to Ortleibs.  Please Philadelphia developers, don't turn this fabulously charming venue into another trendy restaurant just because its in No Libs, no offense Steven Starr.   Signing off with a Charles Mingus video for Goodbye Pork Pie Hat.

No comments: