Tuesday, March 2, 2010

03-02-2010 Philip Glass

Monday night and another full moon.  I saw it illuminating the sky behind the backdrop of Penn's Landing as I looked down Pine Street.  I only had the iphone camera tonight so the picture was not fantastic.  You have to just take my word for it. 
Still in my work clothes (a vintage dress I bought last year at Sweet Jane),  I met my friend Megan for dinner at Lovash.  We headed to the Ritz 5 where we were joined by Mary and Meg to see the Art of Steal, a documentary on the controversial move of the Barnes Foundation's collection of modern and post-impressionist paintings from its original location, which was willed by Barnes himself to never leave his building, to a new, more tourist friendly location less than five miles away in Center City Philadelphia.  Definitely worth a watch on the big screen but might suggest you skip the heavy meal beforehand and save it for later.

The movie soundtrack was heavy on the Philip Glass but there was also an orchestrated version of Black Sabbath's Iron Man.  I didn't see who performed it in end credits, but if anyone sees this film and keeps their eyes open, let me know.  In the meantime, today's video is a composition from Philip Glass c.1979 made for Sesame Street.  Its pretty mesmerizing. 

2 comments:

Joel said...

Demian from the philly band Serpent Throne was involved with the movie, like a producer or something.

silverblackmetallic said...

yes, he was the film editor. he did a great job